Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sole vacation

In search of some light and new inspiration I took a trip down to Cape Town last week. It was the very first time in more than 5 years that I went on a trip without my family, and to say it was a Giant Leap would be an understatement. The boys got to spend some much-enjoyed quality time with their very brave and capable daddy, and from the regular updates and photos I received I could see that everybody seemed to cope rather fine.




I got to spend some amazing soul-time with my longest friend in the world. We have one of those friendships that doesn't need constant watering for it to survive or grow, we just pick up where we left off.


I owned every long drive and every solo meal was a celebration.  Sometimes I first had to console the waiter after 'table for, uhm...one....?' and sometimes I could see a glimpse of admiration and camaraderie, a proverbial high five served with my glass of wine.  And, as anticipated, I found a deep sense of contentedness in the solitude and quiet spaces. It was time. And it was good.


No trip to Cape Town would be complete without the essential retail therapy, especially when one hails from the sticks.

And last but not least... a very exciting new Venture finally started to take shape ...


On the final eve I took the long drive from Bellville to Greenpoint where I stayed. The light was getting low and soft and gorgeous Cape Town looked like a scene from a movie come alive, complete with a beautiful soundtrack. Traffic into the City was fast and driving was effortless. And then the Aviation Gods smiles upon me and treated me with a front row ticket to the Silver Falcons in formation. They passed twice up ahead of me, with a softly lit Table Mountain as backdrop and later the vibrant Cape Town Harbour as they banked in orbit. A more perfect farewell I could not ask for.

Photo credit (bottom photo of Silver Falcons): Justin de Reuck www.aviationphotographer.co.za

Thank you Cape Town. I owe you big time.
Riana



2 comments:

  1. Ag, heerlik, Saar! Moeilik soos dit is, is dit partykeer SO nodig. Bly hy was lekker!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was heeeerlik Saar, en ja, nodig....Almal baat weer daarby ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete